What if you could give your loved ones a gift that would make them look and feel better for months – or even years – to come? There is such a gift, and it’s become an increasingly popular choice. You won’t find this gift in the aisles of your local box store.
This is one gift that can truly change someone’s life!
Plastic surgeons continue to see a growing number of people who give gift certificates redeemable toward everything from wrinkle-reducing dermal fillers to breast enlargement and more. What better reward to give a cherished mother, friend, sweetheart or even yourself, than a gift of renewed youth and vigor redeemable through plastic surgery?
Even in tight economic times, the market for cosmetic procedures remains strong.
Check this list of common cosmetic surgery proceedures to see if one is right for someone you love. They’ll thank you for it.
Most Common and Popular Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery Treatments to Combat Aging:
* Dermal Fillers- Derma fillers are great to reduce wrinkles, lines and regain a more youthful appearance. Derma fillers are a good first step in anti-aging skin care treatments. Non-invasive, fast and easy for the patient, derma fillers are popular for people on the go. Choose between a variety of derma fillers. Derma fillers are all injectable materials used to eliminate wrinkles and fine lines. The most popular of these are Juvederm, Restylane and Radiesse. Treatments are done in the physician’s office and can be done during a person’s lunch hour with no downtime. Results typically last from six to 18 months, depending on the type of filler used and the individual patient.
* Fraxel – A more aggressive treatment than derma fillers, Fraxel laser treatment helps reverse or eliminate sun damage, acne scarring, age spots and other skin imperfections. Skin treatments using the Fraxel laser also significantly reducing pore size and greatly improve overall skin texture. Fraxel treatments are performed on small areas of skin, which then tighten as they heal. Fraxel is especially suited for treating delicate skin such as that around the eyes. Not as invasive as an eyelift, fraxel laser skin treatment can produce magnificent results, significantly improving the appearance around the most-important eyes. Skin is tighter, firmer, smoother.
* Facelift – Technically known as a rhytidectomy, a facelift is a surgical procedure that rejuvenates the face by removing excess skin, tightening the facial tissues, trimming fat and sculpting the face to make it look more youthful. A well-done facelift will look natural, not tight, scarred or “pulled.” A facelift can be done in conjunction with other procedures such as a brow lift, forehead lift or an eyelid tuck to complement the rejuvenation process. Facelifts are extremely popular cosmetic surgery choices, but they are not an overnight solution.
* Liposuction – A cosmetic surgery in which fat is carefully suctioned from the body. It is designed to provide better contouring of specific areas such as the abdomen or things. Liposuction is not designed to remove large amounts of fat and should not be seen as a solution for full-body weight loss. Typically, men will undergo liposuction on bellies, love handles, chest and chin. In women, liposuction is more commonly done on hips, love handles, thighs, calves and arms. Liposuction is often performed in conjunction with a tummy tuck, a breast reduction or a face or neck lift. Modern forms of ultrasonic and laser liposuction are designed to increase fat extraction and provide more accuracy to the sculpting process. Results for laser liposuction and ultrasonic laser lipo are very dependent on the individual surgeon’s skill. Dr. Brou has many happy body contouring patients.
* Tummy tuck – Formally know as abdominoplasty, tummy tucks are surgical procedures done to tighten abdominal muscles and remove excess skin that results from pregnancy or massive weight loss. Sometimes small hernias, stretch marks and old surgical scars from a hysterectomy, C-section or appendectomy can be removed with a tummy tuck. For best results, the patient should have reached an ideal weight. Liposuction is a great complement to this procedure, allowing further contouring and thinning of the abdomen as well as removing any love handles and fat around the waist.
* Breast augmentation – The many forms of breast augmentation continue to be the number one cosmetic surgical procedure undergone by women. Breast augmentation will enhance the size and improve the shape of a woman’s breasts. The goals are to balance the woman’s figure to match her hips and ensure that clothes fit better, as well as to correct a significant asymmetry or size difference between the breasts. Many women also seek augmentation to restore fullness and volume that has been lost after pregnancy, breastfeeding or major weight loss. Specifically what type of breast augmentation a woman has depends on many factors and should be discussed with your plastic surgeon. A variety of materials and methods are available.
Any cosmetic surgery treatment should be well thought out in advance. For quality results, you must first ask yourself the proper questions and do some research. What results do you wish to achieve? There are many paths to get there and only you and a medically qualified cosmetic practitioner
If you plan to give a gift certificate for a cosmetic procedure – or have one performed yourself -it is critical to choose the right surgeon. Look for a doctor who is board certified in a specialty that is pertinent to the procedure. Find someone who is compassionate and who cares about the end result. Be careful with a doctor who doesn’t seem to listen to your requests or who gets uncomfortable or defensive when you ask questions. You should also ask to see before and after photos of previous patients. These usually represent the physician’s best work.